WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF VEGA®
Who are we anyway?
Vega® was co-founded by Brendan Brazier, a best-selling author on plant-based nutrition and vegan former professional Ironman triathlete.
All of our products are formulated by Brendan and made with a carefully balanced combination of plant-based food ingredients. Good for your body and the planet, Vega® is the clean*, plant-based nutrition choice.
What do we mean by clean*, plant-based nutrition?
In a nutshell?
CLEAN* = non-GMO, suitable for vegetarians and vegans, gluten-free and non-dairy ingredients
PLANT-BASED = sourced from nature. Plant-based diets are often packed with everything we’ve always been told to eat a bit more of: fibre from fruits and vegetables, and fats from nuts and seeds. Plus, plant-based foods are generally low in the saturated fat that animal-based foods can be rich in.
SO, FOR US, CLEAN*, PLANT-BASED NUTRITION = taking small steps to ‘fuel your feel good’ by eating more nutrient dense foods that are sourced from nature.
What are we bringing to the table?
Three delicious products made from a carefully balanced blend of plant-based food ingredients – hitting the shelves of Whole Foods Market and Planet Organic from today, with Holland & Barrett and Amazon to follow very shortly!
Our protein and nutritional powders are perfect to shake, blend or bake to support your lifestyle, whatever your wellness goal:
Vega® Essentials – A nutritional powder made from a blend of pea, flaxseed and hemp, and with ingredients made from leafy greens and vegetables, Vega® Essentials Nutritional Powder gives you the nutritional building blocks to start your day strong. High in protein, fibre, vitamins and certain minerals and omega-3 – as well as low in sugars – try teaming a scoop of Vanilla with coconut drink and strawberries, or a serving of Chocolate with almond drink and banana for a tasty breakfast smoothie.
Vega® Clean* Protein – A protein powder made from a complete, multisource protein blend of pea, hemp, alfalfa and pumpkin seed, Vega® Clean* Protein is high in protein and low in sugars. The high-quality protein source, containing BCAAs, helps to build and maintain muscle. Simply team with your favourite plant-based drink or ice cold water, or whizz up into a smoothie for when you’re on the move***.
Vega® Clean* Energy – Get the energy you need to perform before your workout starts – and help keep it going all workout long. With energy from carbohydrates, Vega® Clean* Energy also has extracts from green and black tea, as well as electrolytes**. Just mix one scoop with ice cold water and sip before you hit the gym, or drink during your workout to top-up your tank… Because when you’re training for life, ready-for-anything is better with Vega® Clean***.
The Road to Vegatopia: A 5-step Guide
Our culture at Vega is proudly unique, vibrant and engaged – but in a word, we call it Vegatopia. Try our hints and tips to get you started and you’ll reach ‘Vegatopia’ in no time…
1. Add, don’t subtract – it’s not about overhauling your entire diet overnight. Start small by adding just one new plant-based food or meal to your daily routine. Next time you hit the shops, try picking up a plant-based drink, grabbing a fruit or vegetable you’ve never tried, or shop the herb section to put a plant-based twist on your usual dishes.
2. Get sprinkling – Add crunch and flavour to your favourite dishes with nuts and seeds. Make pumpkin, sunflower, flax, chia, walnuts, almonds, and cashews an everyday go-to for an easy source of protein and fibre. Toss onto salads, into smoothies, or whip up a tasty chocolate chia pudding!
3. Remember to love your freezer – keeping a stock of frozen fruit and veg means it’s easy to make sure you always have a handful of something to pop into your cooking. Frozen mango, berries, and spinach are great freezer standbys – perfect for whizzing into smoothies or swirling into porridge.
4. Add a salad – it sounds simple but a great rule of thumb is to serve a salad with every meal. Try and be a bit adventurous with your ingredients too – think orange juice to make a dressing, or adding lots of colour with peppers, courgette ribbons and grapes. Throw in some toasted nuts or seeds for a little extra crunch.
5. Prep for when you’re on the move – Trail mix, nuts and seeds are handy snacks to have to hand. Give them an extra taste sensation by roasting in the oven with cumin. Or simply toss a piece of fresh piece of fruit in your bag – apples, pears and oranges are ideal for on the go.
For more on clean*, plant-based nutrition as well as usage tips and recipe inspiration, head to www.myvega.co.uk or join Vega on Twitter and Instagram @VegaTeam_UK, or Facebook.
*At Vega®, clean means: non-GMO, suitable for vegetarians and vegans, gluten-free and non-dairy ingredients
**Carbohydrate / electrolyte solutions contribute to the maintenance of endurance performance during prolonged endurance exercise.
***A varied, balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle is recommended for good health.